We accept IFLA vouchers and British Library Billing Accounts as payments for international requests. Our standard charges are as follows:
|IFLA Vouchers||British Library|
|Europe: Loans||3.0||£21.00 (+ BL Service Charge)|
|Europe: Scan / PDF*||2.0||£13.50 (+ BL Service Charge)|
|Rest of World: Loans||3.5||£25.00 (+ BL Service Charge)|
|Rest of World: Scan / PDF*||2.0||£13.50 (+ BL Service Charge)|
|* Hardcopies can be provided by post for an additional 0.5 IFLA Voucher / £3.00|
We regret that we are unable to accept any other forms of payment for inter-library loans from overseas libraries. However, if you only require a copy / scan, you may contact our Library's Imaging Services who will send you an estimate of costs. NB: This may be a slower service.
Cambridge University Library offers an eight week loan period from the date of dispatch, but all items are subject to recall if required by a Cambridge user. All loans are strictly "for use in library only", but in most cases copying is permitted if undertaken by a member of library staff and adhere's to UK Copyright Law.
We are also happy to offer renewals at no extra charge, providing the item has not been recalled. Please contact us by email if a renewal is required.
We lend a considerable percentage of our holdings except:
- Pre-1900 books in Rare Books classes (although we may be able to provide a photocopy if the item is out of copyright)
- British books published within the last five years received under legal deposit
- Books in reference classes
- Unsuitably bound items (spiral bound, ring-binder, loose-leaf, etc.)
- Special collections
- Cambridge Theses**
- We are unable to photocopy articles from journals received under legal deposit which have been published within the last two years
** Individuals may be able to purchase a copy of a Cambridge Thesis by contacting our Library's Imaging Services Department, who will provide an estimate of costs.