External orders should be placed using our online Order Form
In-house orders can be placed either at the Imaging Services counter, or at the relevant department or enquiry desk.
At present, each item from which you are requesting images should be entered as a separate order. In the case of orders delivered by post, we will attempt to consolidate orders into as few packages as possible and revise postage charges accordingly.
If you are having difficulty using the form, please contact us.
Before placing an order for images from the Library holdings, you will need:
- Full bibliographic details (including classmark) as they appear in the main catalogue or archives catalogue for each item. For uncatalogued items, please enquire at the relevant department, or use any existing citations.
- The number of images you will be ordering - calculations can be made on the basis of one image per page or side for digital studio images and overhead scans, or one image per double-page spread for photocopying. This will help us to supply you with an online estimate and speed up the delivery of your order
- The type of image you want to order - explanations of image types can be found here
- How you want your images to be delivered - by post or by FTP via your email address
- As part of the ordering procedure you will need to agree to our Terms and Conditions
- Please check our Copyright Guidelines to ensure your request is in compliance with copyright law.
- If you are ordering from within the EC and have a VAT number you will need to supply it, otherwise VAT will be charged
- Please note - these forms are for orders for material held in the main University Library only - please contact the appropriate library for all other orders.
Printable paper forms are still available for in-house use and for those who prefer to order by post: