Cambridge Libraries Widget
The Cambridge Libraries Widget is a unified interface for Cambridge library users, drawing together search facilities, your library profile, loans and requests in one easy-to-manage application. Whether you access it in CamTools, Facebook, or embed it in your own web page, it allows you to run your library life wherever you spend time online. Watch the video to see how easy it is to use and install in seconds using the instructions below!
To install in CamTools, log in then click on (Customise) next to "My Startpage" and select Cambridge Libraries Widget from the list. The widget will be added to your homepage
If you know your way around HTML, follow these instructions:
- Add the following lines to the <head> section of the page:
- Add the following tag anywhere in the <body> section of the page (you can change the link text if you like):
<link media="all" type="text/css" href="http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/global/style/cam_style_jq/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<a class="iframe" id="accountLink" name="accountLink" href="http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/library_widget/library_widget_login.cgi">Library Account</a>
Otherwise, contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
A few notes:
- Only those registered with at least one of the University libraries can use the widget. Login is via Raven or library barcode
- The style of the widget is slightly different in CamTools, though the functionality remains the same
- If you have a Raven password but you can't log into the widget with it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are working to improve and enhance our widget, please contact us at email@example.com with any suggestions or queries