- Newton, catalogue for the libraries of the University
- Janus: catalogues of Cambridge archives
- Romanized Japanese Union Catalogue
- Script Japanese Union Catalogue
- Fihrist: Islamic Manuscripts Catalogue Online
Not all Library material is contained in the online catalogues. The Library has two additional catalogues known as the Old Catalogues:
- The pre-1978 Supplementary Catalogue located in the south corridor outside the main Reading Room contains records for items that were not considered to be of academic importance at the time of receipt (for example, novels). These items cannot be found in the online catalogue, Newton.
- Items that were considered to be of academic importance were entered into the pre-1978 General Catalogue (the green volumes known as 'guard books', which line the walls of the Catalogue Room). Records for all items in the General Catalogue can now be found using Newton.
Further information and a guide to using the catalogues can be found under Catalogue Guides: The Old Catalogues.