skip to content
 

The Buxton Papers, the family archive of the Buxtons of Channons near Tibenham and later of Shadwell, three miles east of Thetford, were presented by Maud Buxton to the University Library in 1901, following the sale of Shadwell Court. Additional papers were presented by her and Augustus Jessopp between 1908 and 1926, and one box of material was transferred from the Wiltshire Archaeological Society in 1966. The collection, 131 boxes and miscellaneous individual items, consists of about 11,600 documents dating from around 1160 to 1926. Full catalogues of the collection are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room of the Library.

The collection is open to all holders of full Library reader's tickets.

Contact: Sian Collins (01223 333141; sec93@cam.ac.uk)