skip to content

Cambridge University Library


A cricket ground, leased from Gonville and Caius College by F. P. Fenner (himself a noted batsman in the Town elevens) in 1846 and in 1848 sub-let by him to the University Cricket Club. Still in use as a cricket ground and notable as a batman’s wicket, Fenner’s also accommodates tennis courts and the University Physical Education Centre. For current information go to