skip to content

Cambridge University Library


An academical officer appointed to to teach the use of language, usually a native speaker, and usually employed in the Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages. Some Colleges also employ lectors. The female of the species is sometimes known as a lectrice. For a list of University lectors go to http://