skip to content

Cambridge University Library


The laboratory for Experimental Physics established, at the same time as the professorship of the same name, by a benefaction from the University’s Chancellor, William Cavendish, 7th Duke of Devonshire in 1870. Originally fronting onto Free School Lane, the Cavendish moved to its present site in west Cambridge in 1973. For current information go to